Valencia CF vs Celta Vigo

Talk about anything VCF related
SlickR
Site Admin

Valencia CF vs Celta Vigo

Postby SlickR » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:06 pm

Valencia CF will be hosting Celta Vigo at the Mestalla in what is surely to be a thrilling match. We all know Valencia's issues and form, but Celta Vigo have also been quite weak and certainly not the team of last season or the season before that. It seems their time has gone, but they are still a dangerous and efficient team, certainly dangerous enough to give Valencia CF problems!

I'm predicting pretty much the same line-up as before, with minor changes. Obviously Prandelli would have learned the hard way not to trust Aymen Abdennour, so expect either Montoya to start at left back or for Lato to finally get his deserved chance.

Another change will be a forced one and that is Enzo Perez gaining 5 yellow cards, so he is suspended from this weekend's match, in his place its likely to see Medran there, with a possible change to the formation as well, though I think Prandelli will stick to the 4-2-3-1 and basically get the team used to it.

I'd also like to see Bakali start, he's earned the chance to do so, but we'll see if Prandelli thinks as me, maybe Bakali isn't showing enough in training, maybe he is too injury prone and can't really recuperate well, so he is not risked, no matter the cause he's been left out, even though he deserves a chance.

My prediction is 2-2. I'd love for us to win and I'm wanting to write 2-1 for VCF, but our form and defensive issues and all the stuff its hard to be confident in a VCF victory. So ultimately I'm predicting 2-2 score. What's your views?

eghosaojo
Laundry Boy

Re: Valencia CF vs Celta Vigo

Postby eghosaojo » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:44 pm

If Aymen doesn't play,I could stick m head out and say we may get our first clean sheet from a win. I'm predicting a 2-0 win for VCF. If Aymen does play, then it's a 2-1 win...of course with Aymen saving us some situations but possibly causing the goal

SlickR
Site Admin

Postby SlickR » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:51 am

John ValenciaCF
Referee

Postby John ValenciaCF » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:23 pm

Celta are one of the most in-form teams, winning 4 and drawing one of their last 6. They've also been one of our bogey teams in recent seasons, the game in Vigo last season being the exception, so this will be a tough game. On the other hand, their defence has been leaky than ours so if we can get an early goal, they could crumble.

John ValenciaCF
Referee

Postby John ValenciaCF » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:16 pm

Anyone else want to do the match report? I'm so frustrated at constantly seeing games like this, which are 55/60% in our favour and the other team has barely any chances, but where we still lose. I think it would be tomorrow evening before I'd do it. If anyone can't wait, it'll go something like this.

Good closing down and pressure. Defence not so bad (though again individual errors.) Got very sloppy at the end with the passing. Nani so wasteful. Montoya crap. Rodrigo again being.... Rodrigo. Suarez and Munir not fit to wear the shirt. Medran and Fede didn't justify their selection (but who else is there?) Alves, Mangala and Parejo weren't bad. Cancelo more subdued at the back. Garay ok but made a couple of mistakes and not living up to a 20m price tag. The substitutions should have been made earlier, but Mina again didn't do anything, not sure what's happened to him. We're screwed.

eghosaojo
Laundry Boy

Postby eghosaojo » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:07 pm

What a shame...the team is in dire need of reinforcement...

SlickR
Site Admin

Postby SlickR » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Another loss, what is new? I thought we might at least get a draw, I predicted 2-2, but we got a devastating loss. Its clear that the players we have are just not good enough. We need quality reinforcements in the winter.

We need to invest 15-17 million on a solid and proven(25-27yo)defensive midfield, we need either a new winger or a striker or maybe even a midfield playmaker. I don't trust Enzo Perez and Suarez to do good for us, Daniel Parejo is a liability close to our goal, so a solid DM and a solid CM with playmaking skills would be what I'd go for.

Keep Enzo and Suarez as back-up, use Medran sporadically in place of Parejo. Realistically we need to spend at least 60 million, 15 million each on quality reinforcements in DM, CM, Wing and CF, but we don't have the money.

We wasted so much on over expensive players that we have no money left in the back anymore, what little is left from our sales from the summer can only get us at best 2 quality players.

BDSPEAn
Laundry Boy

Postby BDSPEAn » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:33 am

So little money left, so much reinforcements required. And yet we'll probably go for a big money move for Guedes

John ValenciaCF
Referee

Postby John ValenciaCF » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:04 am

Return to “Everything Valencia CF”